WRT54G2 V1 setup problem

Solved/Closed
Ramza - Dec 1, 2009 at 06:07 PM
 ahhaaha - Oct 11, 2010 at 11:06 PM
Hello,
I have a Linksys WRT54G2 V1 wireless router connected to a linksys D-link DI-604 ethernet Broadband router and I am trying to access the setup webpage of the WRT54G2 V1 wireless router by typing in 192.168.0.1 it asks for my user name and password and I put admin for username and my own password for the password and after so many it tries it goes to 401 unathorized on the web page, I used to access it before but now it doesn't work, I forgot my password and I tried to reset the WRT54G2 V1 wireless router but it still gives me the same message
Related:

4 responses

i want to set password for wireless access to keep my neighbors out
Sey69 Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2009 6
Dec 11, 2009 at 07:29 PM
Hi,

When you say you've 'reset' the router, I hope you mean you've pushed (and held for 10 seconds) the tiny, little reset button on the back. Not simply unplugged the router & plugged it back in, this does not reset to factory specs! If you have reset, the admin username is "admin" & the password is blank. If that doesn't work, try admin as the "username" & "admin" as the password.

Good luck.
Leave username blank...and type admin for password.
if you already reseted it the default username is admin and is the same for the password.
nah, username: blank (not the word 'blank' blank as in null, zip nada, dont type nothin)
password: admin
or
password: root