Pinging but no sharing

Closed
Ravi - Aug 30, 2008 at 05:29 AM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Aug 11, 2009 at 09:18 AM
Hello,
There is no sharing with my system & server but they are pinging with each other. I have checked firewall setting. I have checked antivirus firewall setting also but after that there is no sharing. I gave the path of server in Run. I typed there ''\\server's IP address''. The message is showing "the network path was not found".

4 responses

Look on your network interface. Enable Client for Microsoft Network.
Check whether the server service is running on services.msc
sir/madam,

There is no sharing with my system & server but they are pinging with each other. I have checked firewall setting. I have checked antivirus firewall setting also but after that there is no sharing. I gave the path of server in Run. I typed there ''\\server's IP address''. The message is showing "the network path was not found".
rajesh.
I encountered the same problem a while back. Install this small software called IP Messenger in both computers. Then you can send files between the computers after connecting them as long as they can ping each other. Get it as ipmsg.org (change to the english version of the page). It is sure to work.
Soumya Shanker
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Aug 11, 2009 at 09:18 AM
Disable firewall (Windows firewall, antivirus firewall, etc) temporary, after that make sure you enabled file sharing correctly and test again. You can also have a look on this simple file sharing or share file with user/group permission articles to see any wrong/missing configuration.