Problems on laptops power switch

Closed
Pial - Dec 11, 2009 at 03:15 AM
 Pial - Dec 12, 2009 at 04:24 PM
Hello,
Recently I'm getting a problem. When I connect the batter, my laptop gets start directly even though I don't press the power button. It actually happened 1 months before and the problem isn't solving.

One day, my little brother was playing game. Suddenly it got hang. Then I tried to restart by pressing power button. It wasn't working. Then I opened the battery, but it didn't wake up. Then I took the laptop to a servicing center. They told me that it will never be repaired. Then I thought everything is possible. I opened my laptop's casing by my own. Then cleaned it well. Put the memory batter open too. I didn't find any error on the circuit. Then I connected everything again. At last I could find that it can be powered up if I opened the power battery and connect that again. But there should be no memory battery which keeps the time and bios settings save.

That servicing centers people told me that it will never be repaired. But I had repaired. At least I could powered it. But the problem is when I connect the battery, it gets start directly even though I don't press the power button.

How could I solve it? Please reply me.
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Dec 11, 2009 at 06:48 AM
hi there,

the power switch button is damaged

you need to get this done by a qualified electronic technician

as when soldering ,if you miss something and the temperature is too

hot you will damage all the circuits and you will never know where is the faulty part

Thanks
Dude....its not like that. I already have changed the button. I guess its a problem in the bios chip. I guess the chip program is damaged by somehow. I guess I don't need a technician, though I'm a technician.

One thing I forgot to say. If I keep the memory battery connected, the laptop never turns on. But if I put that battery out of motherboard, then it turns on. I'm talking about the battery which keeps safe the time and any other bios memory.