Folder option

Closed
suji - Sep 4, 2008 at 11:13 PM
 luke - Dec 24, 2009 at 06:29 AM
Hello

In tools i am not getting the folder option,i did one stupied thing i went registry and i changed the checked value it was 1 and i changed to 2 from that time i am not able to see folder option. and also again i changed chaecked value 2 to 1 but then also in tools i am not getting a folder option can u plz tell me a solution its very urgent becouz my one of the importent folder have been hidden............plz tell me solution plz plz plz............
Related:

6 responses

nest_14 Posts 9 Registration date Saturday July 12, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2009 4
Sep 5, 2008 at 05:10 AM
this is a bit funny what you are telling me but however just try to restore your computer this is the only possibility i can see
Thanks a lot it worked fine, now i could see my folder options in Tools.Thanks once again
hello friends,

this happen because of a virus, how to remove that virus... im using AVG 8.5 internet security updated version...

i can enable regedit and can set the hide extensions in folder options... but it automatically changed and regedit disabled because of that virus..

please help me...
i very noob!!
Jul 29, 2009 at 05:33 AM
But how i still can't get it solved

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Thank you,, my problem was solved..

thank you for your answer..
the second steps,, worked with me..
hi

hey i restored my system but it dosent work yar can u plz give me some other solution
Go to start menu, click Run and type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

That worked for me.
lonyy > Exern
Jan 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Hello

In tools i am not getting the folder option,i did one stupied thing i went registry and i changed the checked value it was 1 and i changed to 2 from that time i am not able to see folder option. and also again i changed chaecked value 2 to 1 but then also in tools i am not getting a folder option can u plz tell me a solution its very urgent becouz my one of the importent folder have been hidden............plz tell me solution plz plz plz............Configuration: Windows XP
Internet Explorer 6.0 and I've trayng run regsvr32 /i shell32.dll but is not appare
arjun > lonyy
Feb 4, 2009 at 11:22 PM
There are 2 solutions provided as below, you can choose either one of them to get this problem resolved:

Solution 1: Edit registry

1. Go to Run, type regedit then press enter.
2. Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer].
3. At right panel, look for a value called NoFolderOptions. Right click on it then choose Delete.
4. Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer].
5. Repeat step 3 to delete NoFolderOptions entry.

Solution 2: Change setting in Group Policy

1. Go to Run, type gpedit.msc then press enter.
2. Navigate to User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Explorer.
3. At the right panel, look for "Removes the Folder Options menu item from the Tools menu", right click on it then choose Properties.
4. Change the setting from Enabled to Not Configured or Disabled.

Hope this simple workaround will help you save some time for other value added tasks.
kennu79ster Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2009 > arjun
Feb 27, 2009 at 08:14 AM
Thankyou
DS Vet > Exern
Mar 21, 2009 at 08:07 PM
Worked AWESOME!! Thanks for saving me from getting beat down by the Missus.