Can't get the AUDIO LINE INPUT to work!!

Closed
-
 G -
Hello, gang! I have no problem with the Mic working...but I can't get the !@#$!#@ Audio LINE IN to work at all!! I used to have an XP computer, and had no problems...but now I have Windows Vista (yeah, I know) and the line in is not workiing at all. Any ideas, group? Thanks for any help!! This has been bugging me since January and I finally found a group here that might be able to help.... Ray in Cleveland

6 replies

Registration date
Saturday August 30, 2008
Status
Last seen
March 31, 2009
hello ray,

can you give me some more details about the device driver you ar using for the sound card?

according to me you must download the latest driver for the sound card. the one you had was for windows xp and now that you have upgraded to windows vista you need to download the driver for this platform..

hope this helps you
I had this problem also but I finaly ggot it hacked out. The answere is

Vista defaults to the mic input then turns it off ???

Go into control panel - sounds - recorder you will find either the mic input with green check and unavailable.

click on the line input and set to default.
This fixed my system - I dont know why they hide this stuff
Thanks for your reply. I had totally forgotten that I posted this question here. As it turns out, I had to get my computer restored in Nov. of 2008, and now the audio line input works fine!! Funny thing, though, now I can't RECORD any music that is playing on the computer...even using the Windows Sound recorder. I also use Lopp Recorder, and it also doesn't work. Very strange.
Best,
Ray
> videoholic
I fcking hate Vista. Damn nthing is just an unwanted irritation that never fails to keep coming up with seemingly GIANT obstacles with E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.G.G.G.G.G.G.G.G.G.G!!!!.
and this is just yet another problem that I've been forced to deal with and I really can't be bothered with it any more. I'm rubbing my face again with this damn obstacle called VISTA.
I know this doesn't help with anyone trying to quickly sort out this same problem, but rest assured, there are many of you reading this and feeling the same feeling of dispair that I am. You are not alone...........
HTH (!)
Thanks for the reply. I haven't upgraded to Vista, I have a whole new computer with its own sound card. All the wiring I have did work with XP..a long audio cable that runs from all my audio/video equipment and terminates into the proper tiny plug that does fit into the back of the computer. My computer is a current model Gateway, and Gateway would offer me no support.
Hi Ray, Did you get your line input to working? I have an Emachines T3616 with Windows Vista Home Basic and my line input does not work either. I would appreciate any help you or anyone else can give me, I tried searching for updated drivers but was told I had the latest drivers. My line input did work until about a month ago and then quit and I've been pulling my hair out (don't have much to begin with) trying to get it working again.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Gee Gee
GeeGee, thanks for writing. I never did get the line input to work, haven't received any more replies from this forum. One guy I met months ago told me to install XP on my computer, which would automatically see the line input and it should work. I have an XP disc, but it wouldn't install! So, I'm still at Square One!
If you ever get yours working, please let me know how yo did it!
Thanks,
Ray
I have free program called audiograbber (access via the internet) and once program open go to file/line in sampling and then choose mixer.This then shows "record control" and can click on box to select line in.
This certainly worked for me but maybe too easy and you guys have further problems.
buy a mac... this feature which you think would be standard is and it will work every time the way you want it to.

Better shelf life.
Better OS.
Better Hardware.
Better.