- Need help with a hard drive
- How to unlock wd hard drive without password - Guide
- Which one of these types describes hard drive partitions that are accessed directly by the operating system? - Articles
- My passport external hard drive not working ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- WesternDigital My Passport lights up, but not detected on PC ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- My 1TB Western Digital My Passport Stopped Working - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
About the only way to access the drive is to remove it from the laptop and put it into an USB external hard drive adapter. You could then erase the data with a free program called Killdisk or you could use it as a backup disk for your new computer. Take the drive to a PC repair shop and they can sell you the correct adapter. They cost about $25 to $35.