HELP PLEASE WITH REBOOT

Closed
AMH10 Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2010 - Jan 2, 2010 at 01:02 PM
licenciado978 Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2010 - Jan 2, 2010 at 02:28 PM
Hello,

I have acer / window vista.
Was given windows 7 as a recomendation to help my laptop run smoother. They have used with no problems.

Installed - seems to go ok, followed inxtructions, but I am now left with a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the top left hand corner.

No reboot whern switched off /on, wont do anything.

I can Ctrl/Alt/ delete - which brings up a f2 option screen, Phoenix ix BIOS Setup Utility screen with Info, Main, Security, Boot and Exit tabs.

Can you please offer some help or assistance as not being very good with set ups - I dont really know where to start.

many thanks

1 response

licenciado978 Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2010
Jan 2, 2010 at 02:28 PM
A blinking cursor is sign that the computer is trying to boot from somewhere besides the hard drive. If you are able to see the boot screen, are you capable of setting your boot order to be the hard drive instead any other boot drive? If that doesn't work maybe your could press f11 that will try to recover you computer to factory defaults (That is if you didn't format your hard drive totally). Other thing to try is turning the computer on with the cd/dvd rom bay open.