My screen for hp pavilion doesn't turn on!!!

Closed
Bins - Jan 2, 2010 at 05:13 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 2, 2010 at 07:44 PM
Hello,
My screen for hp pavilion doesn't turn on!!! I am not so aware about computers so am not sure what caused such problem but whenever i try to turn it on it beeps twice (short beep) and the screen is all black however the keyboard i guess gets turned on coz all the keys go blue in the same way when my laptop used to work. My father tried to turn on the screen and tried pressing some keys and once or twice the screen was on but the last time he tried doing so i guess there was a message on the screen saying there's some program that might harm my hardware(something like that) so the screen is not turning on (we couldn't read properly coz the screen was off immediately). Please suggest me something...
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 2, 2010 at 07:44 PM
Two beeps on startup normally indicates a memory problem. I would gently remove the memory module(s) and then re-insert it (them). If you have two memory modules you might try to run with just one.

Good Luck