NEW HARD DRIVE EMPTY ETHERNET

Closed
MAPELA64 - Jan 7, 2010 at 06:13 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 7, 2010 at 07:00 PM
Hello,

I had a very severe virus and a bad/old hard drive. i completely replaced the hard drive with a new one and windows downloaded fine however it is not recognizing my high speed internet which is provided by COX. it states no Ethernet connection what have i done wrong? in order to download something for this i would need internet correct? but if i cant get online then how can i fix? is there a disc i need to purchase? can someone please give me some advice i can use and understand to remedy this!!! i have to use an old computer with linux programmed in it and i hate it! cant load anything into this computer or i would do so but the hard drives are different and the door doesnt open to completely wipe out linux and add my windows....HELP!!!!!!!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 7, 2010 at 07:00 PM
you will need to download device drivers for your motherboard. Go to either the PC manufacturers or Motherboard web site for the drivers.

Good Luck