Unable to open .doc files from hotmail

Closed
haley111 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday September 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2008 - Sep 11, 2008 at 05:47 AM
 Coug - Oct 29, 2009 at 06:56 PM
Hello,
I am suddenly unable to open a MSWord document sent to me through hotmail. When I click the link, the file download box appears, but never gets past 'getting file information'. I'm pretty sure I havent added any new programs or changed any settings recently and up til today this has worked fine. HELP!
Thanks in advance
Related:

27 responses

I downloaded "download accelerator plus (dap)" and everything works now fine :)
unable to open .doc files from hotmail
Just wanted to say that I had tried everything from uninstalling mcafee, to deleting and changng temporary file and temp etc. NOTHING worked. This website reall helped.
I downloaded (DAP-Download Accelerator Plus) and I havent had any problem since. All of the iles that wouldnt save or open now do both or either with no problem.
Hi,

i learn a solution for this problem. if you want to solve problem, you should turn off IE protected mode or should insert https://login.live.com/login.srf?lc=1033 https://outlook.live.com/owa/ address in internet options -> security -> trusted sites ->sites button. After you insert sites you must check box in window. Then close all window and open an IE window. you will take a message like "protected mode is curreently turned off for the Internet zone. Clic here to open security settings." click yellow band and select dont show this message again.

Now you can download and open your your files from hotmail.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Search for Normal.dot file and delete that
It worked. Had to go to Internet Security and turn off protected mode. Now all Word docs open.
I had the same problem, and yes it is certainly a pain.
I've decided to go with firefox as my browser as it not only solves the problem, but I believe it to be much better than IE.
I've ignored firefox before, but I tried it and now I LOVE IT .