Start up beeps

Closed
sugna25 - Jan 13, 2010 at 11:47 AM
 sugna25 - Jan 13, 2010 at 06:30 PM
Hello,
when i start up my computer i get one short beep and 2 long beeps and i cant seem to get anything to come up on the monitor any idea what could be causing this
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 13, 2010 at 11:51 AM
That is the code for a "video card" error. You might try to remove and replace the video card in a desktop PC.

Good Luck
its an old computer pentium 3 compaq im just trying to use it to set up a test network for my studies but i dont think it has a video card?!?! i was given it with all the parts required but im not sure if i have connected it up correctly any ideas?
thanks
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 13, 2010 at 12:55 PM
It may have a video chip integrated into the motherboard. In that case you could add a video card if you happened to have an old one in the scrap box. You didn't say if this was a laptop. If it is there's not much you can do to fix it. since you can't replace or add a video card in these old laptops.

Good Luck
sorry its a desktop a basically i was given it with a hard drive a monitor key board mouse and cd drive none of which were connected the guys showed me how to hook it up a few weeks ago but when i went to hook it up nothing shows on the monitor, im sure its something to do with how i wired it up