Install xp on compaq v3780tu laptop

Closed
kiran - Sep 14, 2008 at 03:52 PM
 GAURAV - Nov 4, 2009 at 02:48 AM
Hello,
Hello,
I recently bot Compaq V3780TU Model notebook. It is with Vista. I tried to install XP on it. Partitioned with Disk Manager successfully. When I boot with XPSP2 CD it is not recognizing the hard Drive. Please help me to install XP in my notebook It is with 250GB SATA hdd. Please help.
Related:

15 responses

Changing in BIOS AHCI to IDE worked!!!
Thanks a lot

-Compaq 6730s-
but not option in bios sata native disable
But not option in bios sata native disable
Juzt try with Windows XP SP3 Black Cobra Edition ....... but, i don't know what microsoft will saying if you use this type of windows .... :)
yup! even i had the same problem with my notebook

the thing is that you have to go to the BIOS features and dissable sata
ty so much avi
Goto BIOS settings and disable Native support for Hard Disk.
tat shld do the installation.
after installation.. revert back to original settings.

(to go to BIOS settings, press F10 key while coputer starts up..)
thankyou
it work
my battery not charging..
only plug is working
what could be wrong?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hi kiran you can install xp on your lappy by using usb floopy drive.boot your lappy with xo bootable after that press f6 to install sata driver. after that your lappy will find the hard drive and you can install xp.
i have v3000 notebook and i need a bios cd or somthing i have no way of accessing hard drive when i try to install. does any one have this bootable cd?
please broke just before chirstmas
Where to Get the SATA driver for Windows XP installation (compaq Presario V3702TU)
Help me............................................
hi
i have purches compaq v3777tu model laptop ok
and with come win vista lic.
ok
but how can i install winxp in this model
plz replay me
how to install and repair xp on v3780 tu ? "peleace help me"!!!
how to install and repair xp on v3780 tu ? "peleace help me"!!! translate in the indonesian
juzt try with Windows XP SP3 Black Cobra Edition ....... but, i don't know what microsoft will saying if you use this type of windows .... :)
Hello,
I recently bot Compaq V3780TU Model notebook. It is with Vista. I tried to install XP on it. Partitioned with Disk Manager successfully. When I boot with XPSP2 CD it is not recognizing the hard Drive. Please help me to install XP in my notebook It is with 250GB SATA hdd. Please help
Hi dude in Tosibha M205 m unable to find sata option in BIOS please help me out with alternative
You are not able to install the XP because -
1. The new generation laptops having new sata controllers.
2. At the time of installation, OS searches for hard disk, but due to new sata controllers, he is not able to mount your harddisk. (Vista and Ubuntu 8.10, supports new sata controller)

Solution -
You have to provide driver for new sata controller at the time of installation of XP.
Software NLITE will help you. Using NLITE you can burn an installation disk of your XP + new sata controller driver. Try to google more for NLITE.

But see your laptop manufacturer are providing other hardware driver support for XP, as that might the next thread from your side.
I suppose to disable Native SATA support would help, but after doing that it gives error: Missing keyboard layout file.. How to resolve that?
Hello,
Hello,
I recently bot Compaq V3780TU Model notebook. It is with Vista. I tried to install XP on it. Partitioned with Disk Manager successfully. When I boot with XPSP2 CD it is not recognizing the hard Drive. Please help me to install XP in my notebook It is with 250GB SATA hdd. Please help.
hi, tu debes ingresar al bios setup de tu notebook, y deshabilitar (disabled), option for hard driver sata, thanks!!!!
HI, TIENES QUE USAR (USE), NLITE AND INTEGRAR DRIVER SATA, MAKE CPY DE CD XP WINDOWS ISNTALLATION UN A FEW MINUTES, LOS DRIVERS SATA SON LOS INTEL PARA NOTEBOOK, AND SEARCHING IN GOOGLE, IS VERY SIMPLE, LUEGO BOOTEAS ON CD NOTEBOOK AND JOI, SALUTE!!! FROM ARGENTINA
it's simple to do this just go to the BIOS features and select the SATA harddrive enable/disable: just check whats mentioned
Hi guys,

if your not able to uninstall vista and install xp os on ur notebook send request to my mail id i will give u the instructions..
i am not able to install xp in my lap..whenevr i try to install a harddisk failure error msg comes..can u give me some instructions to instal xp..as i have to do many application on windows..
Hi Pradeep,

I tried installing Win xp sp3 on my laptop with AMD SATA drivers slipstreamed....it is running the setup with the blue screen but in the end an error message showing that "Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...if u r seeing this screen for the first time check for viruses on your hard disk.Remove any newly installed hard drive or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F"....Technical info ***STOP: 0x0000007B(0xF78D2524,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
Plzz plzzz help me out...
I install win xp on V3702-TU. but sound driver is not working properly i am not abLe to connect the Head PHone to it.. do u have drivers for XPsp2. [ Audio ]
Hi Pranav,

Your laptop is Compaq Presario V3702TU don't tray install windowsXP because its waste your time. You will install Vista without any error.
Just had to fix this one. Presario v3000 actaually a v3034tu

XP installed but BSOD started coming up, so quick you couldn't see it

So I filmed it with a video camera

stop 0x0000007B (0xf99b1524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Post 4
From Nik
Nik, on Friday November 28, 2008 07:23:53 AM+1Goto BIOS settings and disable Native support for Hard Disk.
that should do the installation.
after installation.. revert back to original settings.

(to go to BIOS settings, press F10 key while coputer starts up..)

P.S

I have sata raid driver issues before, I guess you need them installed with F6 key in windows start up via floppy.
Thus you will need a xp build with the sata drivers already on.

Regards Sale