Limewire for Linpus Lite

Closed
ritarn - Sep 14, 2008 at 04:50 PM
 donovic - Mar 4, 2009 at 02:36 PM
Hello,
en.kioskea.net has a Limewire download for Linpus Lite. When I try to download on my Acer One with Linpus Lite I get the message "transfer failed - unknown or unexpected error". Any suggestions?
Related:

5 responses

evelienkiekeboe
Oct 3, 2008 at 04:51 PM
There's a download on the limewire website for linpus, works fine on my acer aspire one with linpus lite. You have 2 linux vesions, one for ubuntu etc and another one, iy's the second one. Read the readme file and you'll be on your way.
Thank you for your answer. It seems you managed this easily. I am having trouble installing LimeWireOther.zip and received this message:

[root@localhost user]# yum install LimeWireOther.zip
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package LimeWireOhter.zip available.
Nothing to do

I read the readme file, and have the java version 1.7.0, IcedTea Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-b21)
IcedTea Client VM (build 1.7.0-b21, mixed mode)

I wonder what I have done wrong.
hi guys just want to ask how to install the limewire in my linpus ver 9.4 i already downloaded it. but when i try to run the sh ./runLime.sh in the teminal it says that it cannot find the jre ver 1.5 the thing is i already updated my java settings. the one thing that i cant figure out is how will i put the java or jre within the path before i run the limewire command. hope you can help guys im quite new with linux. been a windows user eversince. thanks :)
Hi there!

I have downloaded Limewire and I am using Linpus Lite on my Aspire One. I have to go to the Limewire file download and double click the runLime.sh file. Is there not a better way of opening/running the program?

I cannot hear audio on avi movies. Does anyone know how I fix this? I am a complete Linux novice. Is there anywhere on the net which gives the most used commands with a bit of a quick lesson? I feel lost.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!
try vlc player
I installed VLC from this link http://blogg.lassedahl.com/vlc_i_linpus_linux
I can run all kinds of videos.
As for Limewire for Linpus Lite - I have given up! I don't do that very often!
As you will see from the above link on how to install VLC, people with the same laptop, ex. Acer One with Linpus Lite, get different results and experience different problems, which is why some of you have Limewire and some don't.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi
Please see this link is describing how to install limewire in Linpus , the download link can be from limewire websire
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/hi-everyone-709179/#post3464980