What is Facebook Lite, and how does it work? As its name suggests, this is a lighter version of the popular social network's mobile application. In this article, we discuss some of the app's key features, as well as some additional information.
What is Facebook Lite?
Facebook Lite is a stripped-down version of the regular mobile Facebook app. The software takes up less space on your mobile device and uses much fewer data than its more full-bodied parent app, meaning pages load quickly and you can worry less about going over your monthly data limit.
What are the key features of Facebook Lite?
Here are some of the Facebook Lite app’s main features:
- Connect: Undoubtedly the most important feature, Facebook Lite allows you to connect with friends and family, as well as to stay up to date with them.
- Facebook Marketplace: buy and sell unique items locally on Facebook Marketplace.
- Save space: The only difference with the classic app is that Facebook Lite is smaller and is designed to be used in 2G conditions.
- Messenger: Another great advantage of Facebook Lite is that it allows you to access Messenger without needing to download a separate application.
How does it work?
The Facebook Lite app weighs around 80% less than the regular Facebook application. It is also designed to use less RAM and CPU power and so it works well on cheaper and less powerful phones. Facebook Lite doesn't download pictures in High Definition resolution or autoplay videos (perfect for saving data on a more limited plan) and the interface is more stripped down than the original with bigger, chunkier buttons and a more basic layout. That being said, Facebook Lite does everything its bigger and heavier brother does, at a fraction of its size!
Is Facebook Lite free?
You can download and use this app for free.
Is Facebook Lite safe?
What is the difference between Facebook and Facebook Lite?
Essentially, Facebook Lite is designed for low-spec devices as it consumes less energy and does not feature everything the Facebook app offers (like pre-loading pictures). In addition, it is able to run on slower or unstable internet connections like 2G. Still, Facebook Lites features almost everything you need daily.
How to send voice messages in Facebook Lite without Messenger?
- Open the Facebook Lite application.
- Select a conversation.
- Tap on the blue arrow icon in the bottom left corner. Then, a toolbar will extend and you will see a microphone icon.
- Tap the microphone icon and hold it until you finish your voice message.