Reasons for Auto logoff

Closed
Vik - Sep 15, 2008 at 12:32 AM
 blackihay - Nov 5, 2009 at 10:51 PM
Hello,

Recently, we faced a problem with one of our production server which runs on Windows 2003 and on four processors. The system logged off by itself giving out the message in the spool as "Windows saved user
Server003\admin_user registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use" during logoff.
There is no auto logoff functinalities that are set on server. But, we could find that during logoff system was running on low space on C drive. Could this be the reason for logoff ?

Does windows logoff the user automatically, for any reasons ? if so, what are all the reason where it can log you off unless somebody logs into the system and logoff manually.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers !!
Vik
Related:

1 response

kallor234 Posts 18 Registration date Thursday May 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 3
Sep 15, 2008 at 05:28 AM
hello vik,

i think that your windows server may have been corrupted and what i would advice you is to try to reinstall it on the server and see what happens
Hey, thank you for the reply.

As I mentioned, its a production server and it wont be so easilly possible to reinstall windows on it :). But, if the windows in corrupt, will it just log off the user ? And more over, it happened only once. I believe, if the OS was corrupt, it would have happened frequently. I do not know much about windows, so I am not sure.
blackihay > Vik
Nov 5, 2009 at 10:51 PM
run different anti virus and disconnect server to network when scanning ,try mcafee scanners

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/threat-center.html