Wiping hard drive and reinstalling windows XP

Closed
Wed45r Posts 2 Registration date Monday October 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2010 - Jan 23, 2010 at 09:17 PM
kar16 Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2010 - Jan 23, 2010 at 10:01 PM
Hello,
I want to wipe my hard drive and start off with a new flesh clean widnows xp. This is so many problems can be fixed.I have a license key but no cd. Can anyone provide a link to an installation cd?
Related:

1 response

kar16 Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2010
Jan 23, 2010 at 10:01 PM
Contact dell"dell support .com" because you have your code they may help you do it online. If not copy preinstall files, all system files,driver files ect onto a Boot disk--
you can find freeware boot disk downloads for xp and most other operating systems at "www.majorgeeks.com" and maybe something that will help with your problems so you wont have to format.

If you do decide to format and its because of a prevalent problem I would suggest formating first from the dos prompt. Use format /sys/v this will completely wipe your hard drive,and write base system files to it and verify
that it was done. you can also use fdisk. if I knew how I'd lend you a copy but I'm running vista and dont want to end up with operating system conflicts.

hope this helps alittle.