My computer won't recognize my audio driver

Closed
dubb21 - Jan 25, 2010 at 01:14 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 26, 2010 at 02:33 AM
Hello,
i have windows xp and i downloaded the realtek ac'97 audio driver but when i open up my sound controls it says i have no devices. please help...
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 25, 2010 at 01:54 AM
Hi there,

You need to install proper driver version for your motherboard and operating system in use,use your driver cd or for a download link please provide your system model and series.

Thanks
plz send to side my computer drives fujitsu siemens computer plz plz plz free download
Blocked Profile
Aug 26, 2010 at 02:33 AM
First verify you see a small sound icon in the Systray . If this icon is missing follow the below section
1. Open the Control panel
2. Open the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon.
3. Verify the "Place volume icon in the taskbar" checkbox is checked. If this option is not available or is grayed out, skip to the next section of this document.
4. If you were able to check this box, click ok and close out of this window and the Control Panel.
5. Double-click the sound icon in the Systray and verify that all the sound volumes are mid-way or higher.

Check Windows services. Right Click My Computer and Manage. Choose Services and Application > Services. Choose "Windows Audio" and set to Automatic and Start.
Now next you can do is
If you open control panel & click device manager the window that opens will show a list of all installed hardware. Look for anything with an exclamation mark beside it, or to do with sound. If you see anything, right click it, check it isn't Disabled then select "Properties." The next window should have some tabs along the top, the one you are looking for is "Driver," you should now see an "Update driver" button.
Check ur sound card information by doing this
Click on start menu
Click on Run
Type dxdiag, enter
Click on the sound tab
There is button of test direct sound click on this check if there is sound

Check ur registry. Check if the sound registry key is enabled or disabled. There could be an error in registry, run registry cleaner to scan for errors.