LG Monitor problems

Closed
scarlett - Jan 26, 2010 at 09:59 AM
 Vicki57 - Feb 10, 2010 at 10:54 AM
Hello,
I am so frustrated... I have a monitor that goes to sleep and wont come out of that mode... I never know when it is going to happen and seems to happen when it is left on for a certain amount of time..unattended.

Once the monitor goes out... the computer is still working but I get nothing on the screen but Japanese writing and then a blank screen...

I then have to do a lot of rituals... turn it off, unplug it, wiggle cords, reboot...and then if I wait for like 2 weeks...it will then turn on..

What is this? How do I get it out of this mode? Thank you.
Related:

1 response

I have a Flatron W1953SV-PF which is doing the same thing. The monitor shows "out of range". I have just spoken to LG "tech support" who advised that this is a known problem with the chip in the monitor. As the monitor has a 3 year warranty I can send it back. I hope you are under the warranty period. The website is http://www.lgrepairportal.com Register then you can either opt for regular replacement, i. e. you send the monitor back at their expense and then they will send you a replacement or you can enter your credit card information for Advance Replacement. This means that you will be sent a new monitor in 3 to 7 business days (in Canada) and then you send the broken one back with the shipping return information that come with the new monitor.

This "bright light" also suggested that if I could get the monitor to display correctly I was to, on the desk top screen: right click on properties, then choose monitor, then choose hardware, then choose Advance Settings, then choose refresh rate and go to the drop down menu and choose a rate anywhere from 35 or/to 60.

Also on they are only open Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm PST.