The ability to display subtitles during a film or TV show is a useful tool that helps those with disabilities as well as those watching a program in a language that is not their mother tongue. It is built into most devices and is very easy to activate. This walkthrough will help you enable the automatic display of subtitles on your LG Smart TV.
How to turn on subtitles on LG Smart TV?
- Press the Home button on your remote. Select the cog icon (top-right corner) to access Settings > Accessibility > Subtitle.
- Toggle the Subtitle switch ON, and apply your changes.
- To turn subtitles off, instead of selecting ON, select OFF.
What to do when LG TV subtitles won't turn off?
If the above method didn't work, try this variation that may work if your device is more recent.
- Press the Home / Menu button on your remote
- Go to options > caption > enter
- Then turn off the captions.
How to change the LG TV subtitles format?
Older versions of LG TV don't allow you to change the subtitle style and format, but if your TV is more recent (after 2014), then you should be able to change the font, color, size and style of subtitles. This allows you to adapt the subtitles to your own personal preferences. You can find these additional subtitle options in the Digital Mode Options menu that is found in the closed captions menu as explained above.
Need more help with your Smart TV? Check out our Forum!
- Subtitles on lg tv
- Lg tv subtitles won't turn off
- Lg tv subtitles format
- Change language on LG TV: subtitle, keyboard, without remote > Guide
- Netflix subtitles font: color and size settings > Guide
- Lg dual play tv > Guide
- Lg multi view > Forum - Smart TV
- Lg sleep timer > Guide
- How to stream Windows Media Player: to TV, to Chromecast
- Connect PC to Apple TV: wireless, Bluetooth
- How to change LG TV web browser
- How to rename LG TV: 2021, AirPlay, inputs
- LG TV energy saving mode: auto, won't turn off
- How to reset Samsung TV: to factory settings, without remote
- How to change home screen on LG Smart TV
- Turn off Samsung Smart TV menu sounds and notifications
- Reset Smart Hub Samsung TV: PIN, 2021, without PIN
- Samsung TV 3D: settings, mode, effect disabled
- Clear Samsung TV history: viewing, browser
- How to set the default aspect ratio in LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV voice control: app, without remote
- Connect Samsung TV to PC: wireless, Windows 10, with HDMI
- LG TV eco mode: turn off, auto power off
- How to fix no audio when connecting PC to TV
- How to enable safety mode on LG smart TV
- How to enable private browsing mode on LG Smart TV?
- How to enable motion control on Samsung Smart TV
- How to change Samsung TV picture size settings
- How to clear cache on Smart TV: LG, Samsung
- Change picture mode: on LG Smart TV
- Samsung TV Game Mode: settings, on or off
- Change pointer size: LG TV
- How to enable power saving on Samsung TV