My HP laptop continues to restart over & over

Closed
computer dummie - Jan 27, 2010 at 09:58 AM
optimystix Posts 15 Registration date Tuesday January 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2010 - Jan 27, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Hello,

I was using my HP laptop when the battery ran low and it hybernated. When I plugged my cord in it came up normal with the screen that says did not shut down correctly how do you want to restart I chose windows normal. It counted down then fan came on windows XP logo came on then HP logo came on then machine clicked off and back on to start process over again.

I saw some answers about taking out battery not sure how to do that. Do you think that would help or do I need to do something else. Thanks
Related:

1 response

optimystix Posts 15 Registration date Tuesday January 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2010 6
Jan 27, 2010 at 10:07 AM
try to restart lap.
use 'last known good configuration that worked' if asked to.it shud start off properly
if not then
just shutdown ur lap , flip its backside. on the top side ur notice a small sliding tool marked with an arrow. slide it in the dir of arrow and gently pullout the battery out of its socket. wait for few secs and put it back in.
leave it to charge for abt 10 mins n then restart the lap.

again try to boot.use 'last known good configuration that worked' if asked to.it shud start off properly
let know if it didnt work.