Advent Roma 2000/ windows 7 disc drive error?

Closed
The Stroomtrooper Effect Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2010 - Feb 7, 2010 at 04:51 AM
 coco - Sep 23, 2010 at 06:29 PM
aright guys?

My girlfriend's 2 week old laptop will not allow us to eject the disc drive. There's a CD in there but every time we try and force an ejection or press the eject button on the drive either the message ' an error occurred ejecting DVD RW Drive (D:)' is given or the drive fails to do anything

after looking at the drivers in control panel, i know that the drive is apparently working correctly according to the pc, but it's evidently not.

has anyone else experienced this and have a remedy short of breaking into the drive and claiming the laptop's warranty? haha
Related:

5 responses

rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 10
Feb 7, 2010 at 04:58 AM
on the drawer of the drive should be a very small hole, insert a paper clip or very fine needle and this will open the drive.
The Stroomtrooper Effect Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2010
Feb 7, 2010 at 05:04 AM
yeah, i've already done this now, haha, any suggestions to making the drive responsive again or are we gunna hve to go back to the store and get it replaced?
rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 10
Feb 7, 2010 at 05:25 AM
try unistalling then reinstalling, the chances are it is the mainboard that is faulty, cd drive breakdowns are very rare
try this open my computer right click on cd drive and click eject that should do it

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hi there here is another way but not sure if it will fix it but it will open so u can take the disk out. get a long pin and push it in the hole next to the eject button that should open it but not to sure about fixing it. i would do that then try reinstall the driver for it if that dont work then i would take it back to get a new drive or laptop.