Honest question, possibly stupid

Closed
Guest - Feb 8, 2010 at 01:57 PM
 Guest - Feb 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Hello,
If a person were to buy a replacement LCD display for their laptop would the inverter be a separate item or does the replacement LCD come with the inverter as well as its ccfl(s)?
Thank you.

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 8, 2010 at 09:53 PM
They usually sell the inverter separately. The back light is normally included. Replacement of a screen is not really something a user can do. You must know exactly when to pry the case apart to avoid breaking it.

Good Luck
Thank you very much for your time and consideration. They are both greatly appreciated. Looks like I'm buying a new laptop to use while the other one is being repaired. Was planning on a new one this year but was hoping to get one with USB 3.0, new CPU architecture and a 256GB or larger SSD... and a massive display (17" min... 18.4" preferably) but that config is months away from being realized... wonder if I can get by with hauling around an external LCD. Too bad I didn't buy the Shuttle 17" portable LCD when it was available... hmm... wonder if one of those boxes with the 3 LCDs that fold out from the computer itself are a better option.