The absence of the accented letter on QWERTY keyboards doesn't have to be frustrating. This walkthrough will show you a few ways to type the letter "é" on an English-language keyboard on Windows and Mac.
How to insert a special character by copying and pasting?
The simplest solution when it comes to inserting a special character is to copy and paste the character from the internet to where you need it. Here are the most commonly used accented letters:
À Á Â Ä Å Ã Æ Ç É È Ê Ë Í Ì Î Ï Ñ Ó Ò Ô Ö Ø Õ OE Ú Ù Û Ü Ý Y
à á â ä å ã æ ç é è ê ë í ì î ï ñ ó ò ô ö ø õ oe ú ù û ü ý y
How to type the letter 'É' on a Windows PC?
To type the letter "é" on a PC, press and hold the ALT key and type 0233.
In Microsoft Word, press CTRL + ‘, followed by the letter "e". This should make the letter "é" appear in your document.
How to type the letter 'É' on a Mac?
In order to make an acute accent mark appear above the standard letter "e," start by pressing and holding the ALT key on your keyboard. Next, press the letter "e"; this should make the acute accent appear.
To use a lowercase accented "e," simply release the ALT key and press the letter "e" once more. To use an uppercase accented "e," release the ALT key, press and hold the SHIFT key, and press the letter "e" on your keyboard.
How to type the letter 'É' using keyboard shortcuts?
You may find the following keyboard shortcuts useful:
Á = alt 181 Â = alt 182 À = alt 183 Ã = alt 199 Ç = alt 128 È = alt 212 É = alt 144 Ë = alt 211 Ê = alt 210 Ñ = alt 165 Ì = alt 0204 Í = alt 0205 Î = alt 0206 Ï = alt 0207 Ö = alt 153 Ò = alt 0210 Ó = alt 0211 Ô = alt 0212 Õ = alt 0213 Ú = alt 233 Û = alt 234 Ù = alt 235 Ü = alt 154
How to use a character table?
The final solution that could work for Windows users is a character table. To use this, click Start > Accessories > Command. Next, enter the following code:
How to type the letter 'É' in Word?
Word will automatically recognise the need for and insert an accent in many words. For example, if you type the word "cafe", the program will transform the word into "café".
- How to Type Accented Uppercase Letters
- How To Insert Special Characters into a Facebook Post
- Instagram can't type chinese > Forum - Instagram
- Which is not a hard disk partition type
- How many types of whatsapp are available
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook
- Keyboard shortcuts to change language: on Windows, Mac
- Fix reversed Caps Lock key: on Windows, Mac
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix?
- How to fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch
- How to fix your keyboard typing numbers instead of letters?
- Fix keyboard using shortcuts: Windows 10/8/7
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop
- Write the At symbol (@) on laptop keyboard: Windows and Mac