Lost all files, folders and photo in MP3

Closed
waris - Feb 14, 2010 at 08:39 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 16, 2010 at 03:47 AM
Hello,

By mistake I press the formate button on my philips Go-Gear MP3 an lost all files, folders and photos. Is there any way to retreive my data back.

Thanks
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 16, 2010 at 03:47 AM
If you can connect it to a USB port on a PC then you may be able to recover the files as long as you take sensible procedures and precautionsin the meantime. To increase the chances of being able to recover lost files you must not save any new files, files or data to the device.

Normally, when files are deleted from a memory card or memory based device (like an MP3) the data itself isn’t deleted, just the file system pointers to where the data for those files is located. The area where the deleted picture data was stored is also now marked as free space so it is available to the system for any new files to be written there instead.

When that happens, then it is too late to recover the lost files so you must not save any new files to it in the meantime.

One of the easiest ways to see if your deleted files can be recovered is to try some file recovery software.

A good tip is to try the free trial version of a commercial product that will scan the mp3 player for deleted files and show you exactly what files can be recovered. You'll need to be able to connect the player as a USB device to your PC (or, if it has memory card, take it out and put that in a card reader attached to the PC). At least that will show you if you can recover the deleted files or if it’s too late already.

You can find more useful information on how to recover permanently deleted files here.
Blocked Profile
Feb 15, 2010 at 04:48 PM
Dear Waris,

There is no possibility to obtain it back for the simple reason that the files have been deleted completely.

Thanks.