Computer turns on, but the screen stays black

Closed
MaggieHorse4 - Feb 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM
lizzilou Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2010 - Feb 23, 2010 at 02:05 AM
Ok, so I have an Acer Aspire Notebook. It less than one year old and I have already had the hardrive replaced twice, under no fault of my own. Yesterday I spilled a tiny bit of liquid onto it, I believe it had only gotten on the outside. I do not believe that it got onto the keyboard. Anyway, it was fine and worked perfectly. Then I left it sitting unplugged for a few hours. It normally hibernates when I do this so I was not worried. When I returned I found the laptop with a dead battery and I proceeded to plug it into an outlet so it would charge. After I plugged it in I tried to turn it on and it did come on, but the screen remained black. Could I fix this myself or do I need to take it to a professional?
Related:

2 responses

lizzilou Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2010 4
Feb 23, 2010 at 02:05 AM
Hi
New on here
i have a Acrer Aspire One Netbook ZG5
I had it conveted to XP plus extra memorie.its about
18 months old, warrenty run out
worked great till two weeks ago when batterie run out
now screen blank,powers up but nothing else,,,HELP!!!!
Blocked Profile
Feb 15, 2010 at 01:10 PM
Dear Sir,

Please check whether your 15 pin monitor cable and its power supply cable is well connected. If the problem is not coming from these cables, please check the graphic card that you have.

Thank you.