Receiving Errors after Factory Recovery

Closed
ChaoticBeauty - Feb 17, 2010 at 03:25 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 17, 2010 at 04:19 AM
Hello,
I recently ran Factory Recovery on my laptop. Not just once, but sadly, twice. After the first recovery (and since) I have been receiving multiple errors. I can not seem to uninstall select programs nor install. I receive the error "Can't initialize Plug-Ins directory" and for some reason my downloads fail. I receive a long winded error stating that "*insert name of attempted download* failed to *my computer information/file directory*."

I have also received errors regarding my "TEMP" folder. It refuses to download Java, even after I delete Java and reboot. I have updated my drivers and software, however still receive the same information regarding downloads. It eludes to the fact that my Temp file does not exist. My question is, how can I remedy this? I have very little knowledge regarding computers. I searched the internet for several hours only to find that no one seemed to have a similar problem, it was typically only the plug-in error but namely for a specified program, not all programs. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!! And if you could break it down into a simple-way which I could wrap my brain around, I'd be eternally grateful!

My basic computer information is:
HP PAvilion Entertainment PC.
Vista 32-bit.
Nvidia graphics card
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 17, 2010 at 04:19 AM
Hi there,

Get a windows installation cd from a friend and format laptop by booting from it,delete all partitions,make a clean installation,then after having completed the installation,reboot system by using your recovery cd and proceed with installation,all will be as before.

Thanks