Can't open my 2007 document

Solved/Closed
bernie - Sep 29, 2008 at 06:48 AM
 Amir khan - Sep 24, 2016 at 03:45 AM
Hello,
i can't open my docx word document.i'm running office 2007 and i'm clickin all my word documents and getting the same response "the file is not available"! this is happenin with all my saved documents. their format is docx.
Help!
thanks

21 responses

Microsoft uses a new document format by default in Office 07 (.docx instead of .doc). A lot of people have ran into this problem, mostly because Microsoft didn't even care to tell you. They also fail to let you know that you can still save documents as .doc to ensure compatibility with previous versions of Word.

What they do offer though, is a converter (in the form of an update/patch) so you can open your docx files in previous versions of Office.

Click on the link to get it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the info on the file conversion, this has been driving me mad for ages and now resolved!!! STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everytime I try to open a document it comes up in different writings and numbers in wordpad. why is it doing that? please help.