1. Navigate to the folder containing the XLSX file you want to repair.
2. Right-click the file and select "Copy" and then right-click on a blank space within the folder and select "Paste." This action generates a backup copy of the corrupted file.
3. Open Microsoft Excel 2007 or later.
4. Click the "Office" button in the top left corner of the window and select "Open."
5. Navigate to the folder containing the copy of the XLSX file you generated previously and select it by single-clicking its icon.
6. Click the arrow located to the right of the "Open" button and select "Open and Repair."
7. Select "Repair." If you previously attempted this method and the process failed, try to extract only the values and formulas by selecting "Extract Data" instead. Regardless of the method you choose, your data will appear on the screen within a few seconds if the process completes successfully.