Firmnual Help If cell is blank go to next ce

Closed
Saul - Sep 28, 2008 at 09:30 AM
RWomanizer Posts 365 Registration date Monday February 7, 2011 Status Contributor Last seen September 30, 2013 - Aug 12, 2011 at 02:13 AM
Hello,
EXCEL FORMULA
If cell is not blank automatically look go to next cell (across) and if the cell has text in it the show the text ?
I have 35 colums some have info (dates) and some do not I am trying to show the last intry in the colum at the end ? Hope this makes sense and if someone could help please ?

Thanks

Saul
Tanzania

4 responses

Well I have a similar question if any of you excel gurus know.

I am looking to have (example) cell b34 return what is in cell c33, the cell next to and one up from it. But if cell c33 is blank, then I want it to return cell c32, and if cell c32 is blank then cell c31 and so on. I want the entire B column to return the same formula.

Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?
give the following formula
may it solve your querry

=IF(C33="",C32,C33)
I know this was posted a few years ago but I have the exact same question. Saul, did you get an answer? Help, I dont think that would work for the entire column B.

I have been looking for a few days in different forums and this is the closest I have come to finding an answer!

I'd appreciate an answer that works! Thanks
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Aug 11, 2011 at 06:08 PM
seems like you want to know what is the last entered value on a row. For that, I would think you need to write a custom formula, that will take in the row as parameter and return to you the last value used on that row
RWomanizer Posts 365 Registration date Monday February 7, 2011 Status Contributor Last seen September 30, 2013 120
Aug 12, 2011 at 02:13 AM
Hi Trina,

Can you explain what exactly you required with some sort of data, this will help us to understand your problem and help you accordingly.

Regards,
Rahul. :)