HP laptop (Windows 7) keyboard/mouse problem

Closed
Guy1 - Feb 28, 2010 at 06:48 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 2, 2010 at 04:04 PM
Hello,

for some reason, my HP laptop running Windows 7 is acting weird!

After a little while, it thinks I'm pressing ctrl so, whenever I push a key on the keyboard, it just does the secondary function of ctrl +! So, whenever I press "C" it just copies.. and "V" it just pastes.. and so on. It won't let me type anything! Same thing with the house. Whenever I use the track ball, it simply increases/shrinks the icons or text on screen. Please help!

I am running an upgrade of Windows 7 that I got from Hp.
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 1, 2010 at 05:33 AM
Hi there,

The key is stuck on the keyboard ,use a pin to lift it up and remove anything like dust under it.

Thanks
I have a similar issue on my HP110 netbook when the password screen appears I can not type.
It is like Ctrl is stuck on pressing s brings up the restart/shutdown menu, if I hold ctrl I can type a e i o and u !!!! but none of the letter I need for my password.... The keyboard works fine when I boot into the HP quick web brower operating system so it must be a service or something in windows 7 helpppppp!!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 2, 2010 at 04:04 PM
Bob,

Try another keyboard and if the issue repeats itselft, come back for another solution.
Regards