DVD Drive

Closed
Subbu - Mar 1, 2010 at 06:11 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Hello,

I bougt a new LG dvd drive(SATA) for my home PC, but my mother board was an IDE, so i bought a coverter from SATA to IDE with the cables also. Now the problem is after connecting the dvd drive with converter, am unable to view the drive still. I am not sure that i have connected the drive properly. If its correct why am unable to view my drive still.

Any one pls help me how to connect the dvd drive as well as how to proceed next..
Pls fin the requiements i have,

1 SATA LG Dvd Drive
1 SATA to IDE converter
1 Serial ATA cable
one 4 pin power connector( small 4 pin female connector at onme end & 2 pin male connector for power at other end)

Pls help in this..
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Assuming the drive is connected correctly the drive still needs to be Partitioned and formatted before it will display in Explorer.
In XP you should right click on My Computer and select Manage - in Computer Management double click Storage and then Disk Management - you should see a list of your drives with a graphical display below. Drive 0 should be your current hard drive - Drive 1 (or 2) should be your new SATA drive - if you position your cursor over the graphical display of Drive 1 and right click you should get a drop-down menu with options to Partition and Format. I would Partition the drive as one partition. After it is finished partitioning you will then need to format the drive - select NTSF for the file format. You might need to restart before the drive is displayed in Windows Explorer.

Good Luck