My Computer Will Not Read My DVD-R Discs

Closed
EJM - Mar 4, 2010 at 12:07 PM
 AHMED - Feb 26, 2011 at 04:50 PM
Hello,
I have recently bought some DVD-R discs by INFINITI. I wanted to rip some movies to it but my computer dosent recognise the discs even though my computer has the 'RW' on it. Is there a thing I can download, so it can read them?.

Thankyou.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 4, 2010 at 03:40 PM
Dear Sir,

Please update its driver so that its get functioning properly.

Thank you.
THANX IT'S WORK WITH ME >>
I do have sony DVD writer "AW-G170A" bought for more than 3 years ago, running with Windows service pack 2. It worked fine upto 1-1.5years but after that it stopped reading DVD-R. It could burn the DVD-R but could not read it again. The burnt disk ran in other computers finely. I tried it cleansing the lens but it did not work. I even tried lubricating the mechanical parts but this also did not work. but now at the start of the april 2010, I got firmware for the drive from internet from www.opendrivers.com. I changed the firmware and lo! it started reading DVD-R.

Try changing the firmware of your DVD writer. Search the appropriate one for the make and model of your DVD writer and insall it. Beware that installing firmware made for other make and model would fail the writer forever.