Change vista os to xp

Closed
pepsi1061 Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2010 - Mar 5, 2010 at 03:10 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 5, 2010 at 04:32 PM
Hello,
I have HP desktop pavilion using the vista OS. I hate Vista and would like to from Vista to XP can someone tell me how to do this. Or since the HP printer isn't compatable with Vista is there a way I can make it work out changing vista.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 5, 2010 at 04:32 PM
Hello,

I understand why you would like to revert back to XP as many would.

The following solution was provided Xpcman, one of our experts and moderator:

"First check the HP site to see if they provide drivers for XP for your exact model (there a 192 models of the dv 4 your Pavilion). Without drivers you have a major problem with the conversion to Win XP.

follow this link: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/

If you still want to convert - follow HP instructions to burn a backup/reinstall DVD for Vista - buy Windows XP (that itself may be hard) - download and burn to CD all XP drivers -
set the laptop to boot from the CD/DVD drive and restart with the XP CD inserted. Follow all instructions to wipe the hard disk and install XP. Then install the drivers you downloaded."

You might want to look for drivers to get your printer to run with Vista.

Best regards