Closed
DEEPAK - Mar 6, 2010 at 08:58 AM
 ashmonty - Sep 5, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Hello,
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT , IS IDEA CELLULER SERVICES SUPPORTS IN MACROMAX Q5

3 responses

Yes i am using the Q5 with idea prepaid service. Settings are mentioned below:
First set the data account: Go to Settings->Connectivity->Data Account->GPRS
This will list all the existing accounts. Select option and select Add(If you get the message "Max GPRS accounts reached" delete few accounts)
Acount name: idea internet
APN: internet
User name:Keep it Blank
Password: Keep it Blank
Auth. type: Normal
Primary DNS:000.000.000.000
Secondary DNS:000.000.000.000

select Done and save the settings

Now goto main menu Services->WAP->Settings->Profiles select the Sim1 or sim2 which ever is idea sim. Now select any Idea profile e.g Idea Internet. Now select Option-> Edit Profile and verify that the below settings are set:
Profile Name: this is the default name that you selected earlier e.g:Idea Internet
Home page: can be any e.g:https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl
Data Account: idea internet
Connection Type: HTTP
To set this- press select->HTTP->OK
Use proxy:No
noote: to change the proxy settings to zero, first change the Use Proxy: to Yes and than it allows to change below settings.
Proxy address:000.000.000.000
Proxy port: 0
Again change the Use Proxy:No
Select Done
User Name: keep it blank
Password: blank
Again select Done, save the settings
Go back to profile and activate the profile
Now try accessing the home page. This should work.
Thanks Brother....It really works.. Idea cust.care peoples they dont know about the setting...
from idea even after calling more than 8-9 times to the customer care.
thank you sir,it really works from
it works really.. i m greatful to u dear
I tried this but its not working... does any one have the latest information. Idea has sent me some proxy server address to be used. But this micromax phone does accept that address, they have supplied10.4.42.15 but micromax phone accepts address only in xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx format. I tried 010.004.042.015 but that didnt work. And the Idea call center has no idea what they are talking.
please send me idea micromax Q5 setting
I tried this but its not working... does any one have the latest information. Idea has sent me some proxy server address to be used. But this micromax phone does accept that address, they have supplied10.4.42.15 but micromax phone accepts address only in xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx format. I tried 010.004.042.015 but that didnt work. And the Idea call center has no idea what they are talking.