Can't open Photoshop file anymore

Closed
Poolboy - Mar 6, 2010 at 10:57 PM
 Saravanan - Mar 24, 2011 at 01:10 AM
Hello,

for some reason I cant open my Photoshop file,anymore (PSD) it was working fine...when I tried to open
up later this message keppt coming up.....

"Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop"

ARRRRRRGH! Help..what can I do to fix it.....

Did I lose my complete file :(

please help!!!!!
Related:

3 responses

I tried to move the file to the previous version and it worked! All I lost is one day work which is much better than losing on the whole!
Blocked Profile
Mar 6, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Hi there,

Uninstall it from add/remove in control panel and reinstall it will fix the issue.

Thanks
Hey,

Thanks for posting back, I had already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop.....and I still have the same problem. :(

is there any other solution?.....I spent Hours on this painted file......and Reallllllly don't want to start over again , ......unless there is no other solution.

Thanks again for your help.

Poolboy
I'm having the same problem on my MAC. I've been using CS3 for years without an issue, now it won't allow me to open any RAW files. I've tried downloading v 4.1, re-installing photoshop, moving camera raw plug-ins to different folder without any success. The solutions I've seen on-line do not work for me. This is tragic!
You can open them in "Open Office" from Sun Microsystems then save them as a printer definition file.