CANNOT READ SDHC CARD

Closed
spockman07 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 7, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 8, 2010 - Mar 7, 2010 at 08:45 PM
 Allan - Oct 18, 2014 at 05:46 AM
Hello,
I have recently bought a Kodak M381 and a PNY 4 gb SDHC card. I took these on vacation and took around 500 photos when suddenly and with out reason i get an error saying that the format is unrecognized and needs to be reformatted. when i put it into a computer that i know can read SDHC it doesnt show up. Anyone know if i can recover my photos or are they lost forever?
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 7, 2010 at 09:55 PM
You might try this free recovery program

https://download.cnet.com/ArtPlus-Digital-Photo-Recovery/3000-12511_4-10513647.html?tag=mncol

Good Luck - please report back on the success you have with this software
spockman07 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 7, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 8, 2010
Mar 8, 2010 at 12:45 PM
i have already tried recovery software however the card doesnt show up so the software cannot find card. i tried reformatting the card in the camera to see if i could then recover the photos, however reformatting doesnt work also. after reformatting the card isnt picked up also.

currently im talking to PNY and they are not doing anything to help so i would recommended not purchasing any of their products.
I suggest that you try Recoverfab. I had a 16gb SDHC card with approximately 250 photographs and 2 videos. My computer could not read the card. I tried a number file recovery programs without success. Eventually I came across Recoverfab and posted the card to them. They emailed to say that they had received the card and expected to the work to take one week. The very next day I received another email to say that they had recovered 98% of my data including 256 photos and 2 videos, a sample of the recovered data could be viewed on their website. I cannot fault Recoverfab for their prompt service and would certainly recommend them.