Hard Drive Gone

Closed
Noble76 - Mar 15, 2010 at 07:26 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 15, 2010 at 07:42 PM
Hello,

I have just given my Dell computer to someone to check for virus as it wasn’t running quite as it should. I am not very technically and wanted him to help me back everything up before hand. He said it would be fine and no data would be compromise.....you guessed it I got a call telling me the worst had happen the hard drive must have been damaged in transit and all my work has gone.

I have been launching a company over the last 18 month so the amount of work on there is huge plus all the photos of my children over the last 2 years, I am distraught. I had done one back up on a external hard drive but the was only my documents and as if it could get any worst the main files with about 80% of my work have not copied across HELP is there a way of getting the data off it?? Where could I take it to?

From one very upset lady!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 15, 2010 at 07:42 PM
There are data recovery services that can recover your data. Was the drive replaced with a new one? If it was not replaced then your friend made a mistake and reformatted the drive. The good news is a reformatted drive can have much of its data recovered. Do a Google search for "data recovery" in the UK. You should be able to recover the data even if the drive was physically damaged. The problem is it may cost 100 of Pounds.

Good Luck