- Hard Drive Gone
- How to unlock wd hard drive without password - Guide
- My passport external hard drive not working ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- WesternDigital My Passport lights up, but not detected on PC ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- My 1TB Western Digital My Passport Stopped Working - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- How to remove write protection on external hard drive - Guide
There are data recovery services that can recover your data. Was the drive replaced with a new one? If it was not replaced then your friend made a mistake and reformatted the drive. The good news is a reformatted drive can have much of its data recovered. Do a Google search for "data recovery" in the UK. You should be able to recover the data even if the drive was physically damaged. The problem is it may cost 100 of Pounds.