Norton internet security will not download

Closed
nate - Mar 19, 2010 at 01:20 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 19, 2010 at 06:48 AM
I have windows vista on my computer and an older expired version of norton and the new version says ' cannot remove older symantec or previous norton security'. it also said product only supports work station operating systems only, not server operating systems. i dont have a server system setup.
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Mar 19, 2010 at 01:40 AM
Hi there ,

You can download the latest version of the software on official website here:

http://www.symantec.com/downloads/index.jsp

Thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Mar 19, 2010 at 06:48 AM
Hello Nate,

I had the same problem when I used to have Norton and Symantec's tool to remove it does not work.

Here is how to remove it:

I assume here that you have Windows XP.

1. Click start and click explorer
2. In the left pane, go to programme files.
3. Spot files: Symantec and Norton. Click left to highlight, right to open the menu then left on delete.
4. Close explorer
5. Click on start then on run
6. Type regedit and click ok, the registry editor will open
7. Do crtr+f
8. In that window type symantec and click ok, the search for symantec registry entries will have begun.
9. When ever the search stops, a symantec entry will have been found.
10. Click right on it then left on delete, confirm with ok
11. Press F3 to continue the search

Repeat the above untill it says the search is finish.

You may come to a point where is say that it is impossible to delete. Those are Legacy entries. Just close the registry editor.

12, Reboot your computer and install your new Norton

Best regards