Need:MyMSN old homepage furnished by server

Closed
maine genie - Oct 10, 2008 at 09:46 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM
Hello,
Have changed computers and use to have Midcoast Internet Server, who furnished us with 3 email choices...I chose MSN for my email address and my home page back in 1999. I changed computers and I could not bring up my old homepage. It kept giving me a completely different homepage, which didn't have the annimated butterfly. When I would try to access my old homepage the system kept asking me for my email address which I could still use however it would tell me no such email and password were found in the system and gave me the choice of signing up for so much per month...All my banking is done online and all the info is in my favorites, along with my monthly accounts that I make payments to. I already pay Fairpoint NE for broadband access $50 per month...I am 71yrs of age and on SSI cannot afford to pay out more monies just to get my home page back.
Why is it that MyMSN keeps sending me to the hotmail homepage set-up instead of my old home page?
HELP!!!! ME. Genie

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Oct 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM
You need to double check your ID and password. do you still have the old computer? If you were using auto password and/or ID on your old computer then there may be a difference - something like capitalized letters. Does MSN have a lost password option that you can select? It is generally difficult to get then to reset your password - you will have to prove who you are. Sorry I have never used MSN so I can't be specific.

If you still have the old computer - logon and change the password - then you will know exactly what it is. Switch to the new computer and logon with the NEW password.

I assume your old homepage was the result of the automatic logon. You should get that page once you have solved the password problem and set your new computer to automaticly logon to MSN.