Virus

Closed
s - Oct 11, 2008 at 01:38 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 11, 2008 at 01:51 AM
Hello,
Hello!
A few weeks ago I encountered a malware virus by clicking on an icon that said I had just encountered a virus and Microsoft was trying to repair it. I'm pretty sure that ive successfully removed the malware but I cannot access my desktop. My computer turns on and goes through the normal process but then a few minutes into using it ' my desktop disappears, then it reappears for short periods of time

I know all of my information is still there because I can access it using the taskbar (control + alt + delete ) then 'run' and browse ' I'm even able to access the internet in this way, but I'm afraid that in doing this I'm causing some sort of long term damage ' the longer the computer is on the more frequently the desktop disappears and theres a longer timeframe before it reappears again.

Please if anyone has insight I would greatly appreciate it. Times are pretty tight right now so I'm especially reluctant pay a fortune and give my baby to someone who's only slightly more knowledgable than I am.

Thank you and have a wonderful day
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 11, 2008 at 01:51 AM
Boot up in Safe Mode (hit F8 during the normal boot)

run your antivirus program - you still have the virus.

see it you can download "Spybot - Search and Destroy" for www.cnet.com it may help you remove the virus.