Kill me now

Closed
chelsey - Mar 31, 2010 at 08:56 PM
 THE SEEKER - Mar 31, 2010 at 10:42 PM
Ok So I also have the No Audio Output Device Installed message showing. I've tried TONS of things (also I have an hp laptop running vista)
-When i go to my device manager there is no option for Video Game and Sound Controllers, and I can't find anything to do with sound there
-When downloading the audio driver from the HP site, i get an error message that says It cannot be installed because the media is not found
-I tried restoring my computer, but it didnt do anything either
-My sound randomly has come on every 4 or 5 days, but will be gone after my computer restarts

I have absolutely no clue where to go from here. Everything anyone suggest just isnt working.
HELP!
thanks!

1 response

here are your solution
Mar 31, 2010 at 10:38 PM
using hp is tough. specially if you are the owner of mini hp.
same thing happened to me before, i did uninstall adn reinstall all the driver needed
i did restart my hp for like zillion times, i even upgrade my OS!
for my case, the problem has the simpliest answer. i open the casing under the USB hub port,which is next to audio hardware. opened 2 screw and put the protective board off, tightening all the wire that connect to the port, and vacuum all the dust trapped on the audio hardware. put it all back to its place.
restart, and voila! suddenly i got my sound back. so my point is, hp is a good brand, but a lousy computer! in mini hp, those folks use a very weak wire connection with questionable quality. all the wire that is locate next to the mainboard and exposed by the heat from the processor will eventually get dull and sometimes break down. so good luck
yeah you are right buddy, mine too. i prefer sony vaio than hp. i did realise how troubled i was when using hp.