Some apps have the ability to run background processes on your computer: they can send notifications, download or upload data, etc. This quick tutorial will teach you how to stop apps from running in the background in Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
How to stop Windows apps from running in the background?
The procedure of how to stop your Windows apps from running in the background is the same for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
1) Click on the Start menu > and head to Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Let apps run in the background. Here, you will find all apps allowed to run background processes. To stop a background app, you simply have to toggle its corresponding switch to the Off position:
By disabling unnecessary background apps, performance and battery life can be significantly improved.
- How to disable background apps in windows 8.1
- Windows 8 background apps
- How to turn off background apps in windows 7
- How to disable in app purchases android > Guide
- Kingsoft Office Suite Free -Spreadsheets - Disable Background Error Checking
- Windows 8.1 - How disable the App Switcher
- Windows Phone 8.1 - How to disable automatic apps update
- How To Disable Automatic App Updates in Windows 10
- PC restarting on its own: Windows 10, 11
- Pagefile.sys file: purpose, size, location
- Speed up Windows 10 computer performance
- Permanently disable Windows Defender in Windows 10
- Show hidden files on Windows 10: via cmd, shortcut
- Update to Windows 10 for free
- Where apps are stored on Windows 10?
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO