Some apps have the ability to run background processes on your computer: they can send notifications, download or upload data, etc. This quick tutorial will teach you how to stop apps from running in the background in Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
How to stop Windows apps from running in the background?
The procedure of how to stop your Windows apps from running in the background is the same for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
1) Click on the Start menu > and head to Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Let apps run in the background. Here, you will find all apps allowed to run background processes. To stop a background app, you simply have to toggle its corresponding switch to the Off position:
By disabling unnecessary background apps, performance and battery life can be significantly improved.
- How to disable in app purchases android
- Google Chrome - Close background apps upon exiting your browser
- Kingsoft Office Suite Free -Spreadsheets - Disable Background Error Checking
- Windows 8.1 - How disable the App Switcher
- Windows Phone 8.1 - How to disable automatic apps update
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10