Wireless --> Computer with network card >por

Closed
Setherson - Oct 19, 2008 at 09:02 PM
 Setherson - Oct 20, 2008 at 08:16 PM
Hello,
This is my situation. I have an XBox. I want to connect it to the WIRELESS Internet connection I use with my laptop. My laptop has both a wireless card and a network card that accepts a CAT5 (Ethernet) cable. Does anyone know of a way to bridge the wireless connection my laptop uses to connect to the Internet, with the Ethernet port on my network card, to essentially make my network card a "physical" port on the wireless network?
If I can accomplish this, I will save many $$$ by avoiding the alternative of purchasing ethernet cable and installing physical in-wall ethernet ports.
THANKS!

Seth T. W.
Related:

2 responses

canthave Posts 34 Registration date Monday August 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 3, 2009 2
Oct 20, 2008 at 05:11 AM
hey there,

you are trying to make as if your pc a server for the wireless link in the xbox thats it?

so what you need to do is to create a connection according to the following route :

click on the start button and then connect to and finally on the show all connections tab.
when in click on the option set up a home or small office network where you will get a wizard.
after that just follow the wizard but i think that before you connect it through wireless you must connect it through cables then afterwards you may use it the wireless
Right, I think so ... I have a wireless connection to the network on my laptop, but the XBox only has an ethernet port. My laptop also has an ethernet port. Can I hook the XBox's ethernet port into my laptop's ethernet port with ethernet wire and thus connect the XBox to the network? That's what I'm trying to do, yeah ... Are you saying I should bridge the connections? Or Share a connection?