How to format flash disk

Closed
Ralph - Oct 21, 2008 at 12:34 AM
 thebest - Jan 5, 2011 at 07:11 AM
Hello,
i'v got a Transcend JFT3 1GB pendrive and i think it got infected with a virus..when i connect it to my pc, win XP Pro it says 'Problems installing Hardware..' then opening My Computer doesn't show my flashdisk icon.. i tried using Linux to format it..but could't do it... i wish to get back my flashdisk..PLZ HELP...
Any link to download useful software to format it are most welcome.
Thanks.
Related:

6 responses

Dear Rulph

Any pendrive has name at the back of it just type the name of the manufacture of the pendrive by using Google
Youcef Azzouz
Dec 28, 2008 at 02:41 AM
Hi , Mr Rulph your problem is not new But I think be should you work with it more than format
Contact over-clock site ... & thanks bye.
hey bro its not virus problem but its ur pen drive problem bcuz nowadys most of the flash drives in market are not genuine so all u need to do is to try it on ur friends system and if it works there then it means that ur flash drive is not genuine bcuz genuine dirves work on every system like i have mine !
watt and volt computer(nepal)
Apr 25, 2009 at 03:41 AM
first run hijack and clean by nod. if this idea can work go on Dos and format G drive. if not work by second idea open pen drive and( inner side) swipe pen drive bord bypetrol or thiner after dry u can use. if it can work u can blow hotair by hotgun. If not work u can throw it on dustbeen/tras
I have aflashdisk,1GB.Was unpluged without closing.When I fix it in the CPU,information tells me it needs to be formated but I've failed.
What do I do?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I can not format my flash disk?
hi dear
if the flash disk dose not let u access to it. try formatting it, if the formatting dose not complete change the computer and make sure there are no viruses on the machine ur using. if it insist, then try to contact a technician or check if there is any button on the flash disk then unswitch it and try formatting again.