Problem with my system restore

Closed
yahooz Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday October 22, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2009 - Oct 25, 2008 at 06:36 AM
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 - Oct 25, 2008 at 06:58 PM
Hello,
There is a virus that has settled in the System Restore folder of my computer and I don't know how to get it deleted. I tried with Norton but it seems as if the virus comes back every time and I am now out of ideas on how to get rid of it.
Thanks

1 response

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Oct 25, 2008 at 06:58 PM
Copy and paste the following link to your address bar:

http://www.download.com/3101-2001_4-0.html?tag=pop.software

Download AVGfree Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Close IE....you don't need internet connection to run setups.
Disable Norton.........then run setup for AVG and Malwarebytes.
When they are both installed on your PC, run Malwarebytes full system scan. If infections are found, delete.
Now run AVG full system scan. Do same if infections are found. This should solve your problem. Remember, you should only run ONE anti-virus program on your PC at any one time. Running TWO can cause friction between the 2 programs. Personally, I run AVG(anti-virus) and Malwarebytes(anti-malware) on my PC. I was never fond of Norton.If you're still having problems after your scans. I would format my system back to it's original state..................Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!