No boot up for GA-EP45 DS5 mobo gigabyte

Closed
koj78 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 29, 2008 - Oct 29, 2008 at 05:56 PM
 guc - Feb 17, 2009 at 02:04 PM
Hello, 2 months ago i made a new PC :

1)Ε8500 CPU
2)HX620 CORSAIR PSU
3)GA-EP45 DS5 REV. 1 MOBO
4) ATI HD 4850 GRAPHIC CARD
5) 2X2GB RAM Kingston KHX9200 D2 K2/2G
6) Win Xp SP3 System

The broblem started with the bios..2 weeks ago when i pressed power button..i had power on my PC but no beap..no signal on my boot screen..then after 3 or 4 tryies i saw this message on boot screen :
''Warning Backup checksum error'' ''Bios Auto Recovering........" when it recover BIOS it started sucessfully Windows..But the broblem remained and
Yesterday it couldn't boot up! When i press the power button it starts for around 3 secs then turns off. Then it seems to cycle through this process endlessly...? No screen is displayed during the time the computer is on.

Ive tried re-seating memory, differrent combinations of memory sticks (1 in, both in, swapped etc) with the same result.

The onboard LED's to indicate CPU loading (4 green, 4 orange, 4 red in a long line) all light up indicating full load i think. Also the CPU fan is not spinning? Ive tried the cpu fan on other fan headers on the board and the fan works fine, just not when its plugged into the CPU fan header.

Could there be a problem with the CPU? Is it the board?

Is there something i'm missing? Please Help!
Related:

2 responses

Hello Koj78

We all think it may be a problem with the motherboard or CPU.

First you could check the motherboard by resetting the Bios back to the factory settings.

- Remove the battery and put it back in.
Or use the jumper to clear the Cmos (check the Mobo manual - Look it up in ...)

Then look at the bios, check the settings and load the setup defaults

- As a last resort you could flash the Bios:
Look for the latest version on the manufacturer website.
If you are unable to boot, you will have to download an image of the Bios and create a boot CD from another computer. You will need uniflash.exe to install the image.

Secondly you could try to change the CPU with another, to make sure it's not a CPU problem.

Hope this helps!
if that fails i would upgrade the bios to a newest ver. i had a similar bios problem with a nforce 4 board where the bios was malfunctioning, upgrade solved the problem.
ah and you dont need an image of it just extract it to your hdd and use qflash provided in the gigabyte mobo(u can enter it by pressing a button which is visible at the same screen from where you enter the bios, just dont use the windows @bios software as it fails