Computer hanged while trying to update norton

Closed
sharat - Oct 30, 2008 at 09:53 PM
batmanba1 Posts 14 Registration date Monday March 31, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2009 - Oct 31, 2008 at 06:15 AM
Hello,
My computer hanged up when I tried to update the norton antivirus. please somebody provide me a slolution as my very important jobs are held up.can anybody tell me the procedure for restoration as i am not very computer literate- how to boot backup in safe mode or do a system restore.

thanks,
Sharat
Related:

1 response

batmanba1 Posts 14 Registration date Monday March 31, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2009 1
Oct 31, 2008 at 06:15 AM
Well in order to boot into safe mode all you have to do is to press the F8 key while the computer is displaying the "Starting Windows xx" when starting up. Hence, you will receive this message:

"Warning: Windows did not finish loading on the previous attempt.
Choose Safe mode, to start Windows with a minimal set of drivers."

Choose to boot your ocomputer in safe mode without network options (if asked). If you still don't know which one to choose, you will see a countdown in the middle part of your screen. When this countdown will end, it will take you automatically in Safe Mode.

Once you have entered in Safe Mode, to be able to do a system restore, you should follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Start Button and go to "All Programs" option
2. Choose the "Accessories" feauture and go to the "System Tools"
3. Once you are in, you can choose "System Restore"
4. You can now choose to restore your computer to an earlier time or create a new restore point
5. Once done, click on "Next"

You should now be able lto set your computer back to how it was a while ago. ;)