Desktop won't load icons on startup for Windows XP-Home Ed. There is no bottom toolbar icon either. I am seeing that desktop wallpaper only.
It has HDD 160 GB, memory RAM 2 GB, Hewlett Packard tower. This is my wife's computer. She said that she hit something on START UP but doesn't know what. With my knowledge, it's like the blind leading the blind. I am almost dumber than dirt when it is about computers.
System Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0
I have got a concrete solution to your problem, i'll keep the solution short but effective.
The reason you can't see your desktop items is because your computer is infected by virus, so how we do solve this.
1. Once you get to the stack point from your keyboard press Alt+Ctrl+Delete
2. Click on File Menu and click on NEW TASK RUN and type explorer.exe and hit enter ( this task will able you to log into your computer to remove the viruses.)
3. Install orginal yet updated anti-virus, scan for your viruses and your anti virus should be able to find lots of them.
4. Restart the computer and log in normally as you do so.
You don't have to replace the explorer.exe files as it was explained by other guys. Let me know you couldn't fix this.
i had exactly same problem , at that time I thought my xp window disk didnt have some files but I was absolutely wrong. I thought that an antivirus is just to delete the window system files so I always avoid to keep it.
first of all I install xp(sp-2) without any derivers then antivirus and update it : find lots of viruses in my pc witch blocks window explorer files..... so now in these days my pc running smooyhly.... hope u understand.... if this is wrong then email me..... thanks
To Run explorer
1) Press Ctrl + Alt + Del , task manager will appear
2) Click Applications' tab on the top , then click the " New Task " beside the " Switch To " on the bottom
3) type " explorer.exe " and click OK
Since I couldn't get connected to Team Viewer again I tryed to get my desktop icons back myself and I won. I right clicked on desktop and go to arrange icons at the botton click on show icons, and it worked for me. Hope this will help someone else.
get this,, I tried restore 3 times, and still nothing, wouldn't load past just the image.. but as soon as I ctrl alt delete & have task manager shut down windows, EVERYTHING loads & then shuts down windows lol.
Went to work, 5 hrs late I get home, and its bloody well working..
NOTHING was donw while I was gone... and it works.. not a single issue..
its down right ridiculous