Pulling in data from 1 workbook to another

Closed
Can't Figure It Out - May 7, 2010 at 01:43 PM
 adit - May 7, 2010 at 02:21 PM
I have one workbook in which staff members enter information regarding specific departments. The first column is the name of the department and the four other columns in that row contain the specific information. What I need to do is to pull the information from this one workbook into separate workbooks by department. For example, if the workbook contains information on A1 Finance Department, A2 Information Technology, A3 Purchasing, A1 Finance Department, then in the main workbook for the Finance Department, I only want the information from A1 and A4 pulled in. But the Finance Department workbook would have to look through all departments in column A to identify only Finance Department entries. I do not want it to include other departments. The same is true for all my other separate departments, such as Information Technolog workbook should pull in only Information Technology entries, and not other department entries. What is the formula for something like this. Each separate department workbook will be looking to the main workbook to see if new information regarding the department is entered and this is only identified by using the department name. Thank you in advance.
Related:

1 response

your question is not that clear.... just explain briefly...it's too long..my apologies