-
Registration date
Saturday May 23, 2009
Status
Contributor
Last seen
October 20, 2010
-
I HAVE BEEN HAVING horrible PROBLEMS with the DVD Matchita drive on my reaonably new (still under Warrantee) Toshiba Satelitte p. Toshiba are not admitting to a second class product.

The problem relates to burning, regions and non recognitions of brand new dvd - r 8gb disks. The hardware keeps rejecting clean and new dvd-r 8 gb Ritec DVD's. The message "dvd is not readable or put in a readable dvd" or " the dvd is full " the DVD's are 8gb and have not previously been handled. It is so frustrating. I would say I have had to destroy over the 25 new dvd's because the system won't recognise the disks. I have, through continually putting in the same dvd that is being rejected I may strike it lucky and the dvd will burn and if I lucky the dvd may play but most of the time the burn is not payable, the system tells me it is a successful burn and then it wont replay the disk, the system comes back with a message that the DVD is blank.

The computer was 3 months, It is now months old, I spent hours trying to get the system to work in January and had to leave it because of the time it was taking to sort and now I am trying again before the warrantee runs out. old when the DVD hardware stopped working, I rang Toshiba and it was suggested that the NEW computer would work better if the sysem was cleaned and I upgraded to Windows 7 (free upgrade) So the idiot from Toshiba stripped my computer and left me with a blank system to reinstall windows 7 and all the drivers, they had to send a backup disk and did not mention the problems I am discovering with the hardware and drivers they are using. I have spent over 40 hours to date loading drivers without vista and now trying to get the thing to burn in a simple manner. (the reason why I bought the computer in the 1st place)

last night I managed to get a burn from the DVD from the system but now when I go to play the disk on my DVD (TV) player I get another message that the disk cannot be played replace with the correct disk .

I now know A Toshiba is a sxxx product and Toshiba don't seem to want to know if the product is faulty, I am finding the support is not there.

Can I replace the Matchita drivers with drivers that will work on all disks?

1 reply

Registration date
Saturday May 23, 2009
Status
Contributor
Last seen
October 20, 2010
how old did you say the computer is?
from where was it purchsaed?
I would go back to the supplier and insist they swap the drive, looks like you may have a duff drive.